Tuesday, November 6, 2007

# 22 Audiobooks

As a time-poor person who likes to multi-task, I've been thinking about how good it would be to be able to download books on to a MP3 player or IPod and listen while I walk the dog or potter in the garden. I know very little about how to go about this and of course I want to do it for free. This task gave me some insight into how to solve my problem. I looked at this site -
http://worldebookfair.com/Mp3eBooks.htm
- but I can't say that I have found the answer to my prayers. The range of books is limited and seems to be mainly classics. Is it a copyright issue? The computer-generated voices are dreadful and ruin the beauty of the language. I did listen to one book which was read by a real person, or so she said when she gave her name, but it didn't sound like any person I know. Until the range of titles can be hugely increased and until the voice issue can be solved, I don't think ebooks will take off.

No comments: