Sunday, November 4, 2007

# 21 Podcasts

I can imagine uses for podcasts in a library environment - user education, in particular, e.g. how to use the print station, how to use the catalogue - but I think expecting people to listen to instructions in the hustle and bustle of a 21st century library might be asking a bit much. I found it difficult enough to listen to the Learning 2.0 podcasts in our workroom - but then my workstation is situated next to a printer! And no, we didn't have access to headphones.
In terms of personal use, I find that my visual comprehension is far superior to my auditory comprehension and I prefer to see things written, even if on a computer screen. I find my eyes wandering when I listen to a podcast on a computer and therefore my attention is distracted. Many of the podcast voices are computer-like and do not make for pleasant listening. I browsed the podcast links given in this exercise and added one RSS lead to my bloglines.

No comments: