Tuesday, October 30, 2007

# 19 Web 2.0 Awards

I had a bit of fun looking at the Awards and focused on Events. upcoming.yahoo.com opened with local events; www.eventful.com also listed links for several other countries but did not list the U.S.; www.confabb.com is a U.S.-based site which lists conferences. I searched for "quilting" and found references to U.S. and international quilting festivals (is it too late for me to go to the International Quilt Festival at Houston, Texas 1-4 November?). More realistically, it linked me to the Stitch and Craft Show in Melbourne next year, though it lists the venue as the "Melbourne Racing Club" when in fact it is held at the Caulfield Racecourse. Must have gotten mixed up in translation.
I also looked at www.fuzzmail.org which allows the recipients of email to view the email in real time. I'm not sure I like the idea of this. Imagine the receiver being able to see you change your mind about how you phrase something or even about including something questionable in an email. We all know the pitfalls of breaching email etiquette (e.g. use of capitals to signify anger) and I think fuzzmail may be even more dangerous. Maybe I'll just stick to www.cocktailbuilder.com/ for some fun ideas!

1 comment:

Yarra Plenty Library Regional Library said...

Glad you enjoyed exploring the Web 2.0 awards list.
Not far to go...

Lynette