Sunday, October 28, 2007

# 18 On-line productivity - Zoho Writer & Google Docs


Is anyone else getting sick of having to log in to so many new features? I feel like I am leaving a giant footprint in the computer world when I would like to be far less intrusive.
I had a look at Zoho Writer - looks good in theory since it may mean lessening the Microsoft dominance (I assume that people can buy a computer and use Zoho instead of buying Microsoft Word software, thought how anyone is going to organise their desktop without Windows is beyond me and usually computer dealers throw in the whole Microsoft package anyway). I wasn't able to connect it to my blog.
Google Docs offers an alternative to Microsoft Excel (amongst other features) and seems to work in a similar way. The ability to share seems to be a big advantage, if sharing is necessary to your brief, but I think I'll stick to my old-fashioned ways (Microsoft).

No comments: